To Begin lets understand that Volunteering provides a great opportunity for people at any stage of their career development to gain experience and highlight their business skills to a new and wider audience.
Here are a few Benefits of volunteering –
- Gain practical experience that is currently lacking on your CV
- Stand out from the crowd which is desirable for employers
- Opportunity to work in an industry that interests you and is aligned with your values
- Many volunteer roles display experience in communication, management, teamwork and using your initiative
- Meet new people and expand your network
- Opportunity to develop and improve your social and relationship building skills
- Provides a healthy boost to your self-confidence, self-esteem, and life satisfaction
Keeps you in regular contact with others and helps you develop a solid support system, which in turn protects you against stress and depression when you’re going through challenging times.
To achieve the most from your volunteering experience make time to identify your goals and interests and importantly why you want to volunteer. Volunteer opportunities that match both your goals and your interests are most likely the ones you will find to be enjoyable and fulfilling.
Register today! – http://www.bit.ly/iVolReg
Content source – https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/why-volunteer-nicki-cresswell