Good Deeds Day is an annual tradition of good deeds. Millions of people around the world choose to volunteer and help others, putting into practice the simple idea that every single person can do something good, no matter how big or small to improve the lives of others and positively change the world.
Choose a deed from the following:
- Smile and greet 5 strangers
- Buy a bus/train ticket for someone else
- Create a card with one positive quote and hand it to a stranger
- Feed good food to homeless people
- Feed a stray animal
- Give a hug and a compliment to your watchmen/maid
- Donate clean clothes/shoes/bedsheets that you no longer use to the needy.
- Share your books with the needy
- Collect stuffed animals or toys from family members, friends, and neighbours and donate them to an organization that helps children.
- Make “Get Well soon” cards: Gather a group from a school, university, company or club.
Make “Get well soon” cards and decorate them with your group. You can also include a small candy or gift with the cards.
Hand the cards out to hospital patients, or elderly people in a nursing home. The cards will put a smile on everyone’s face!
- When you’re out buying food, purchase an extra item to donate to a food pantry or to a homeless person.
- Buy a gift for your parents – just because
- Write a thank-you note to someone who won’t expect it.
- Offer to cook or clean for the family of someone who needs help.
- Talk to a co-worker who you’ve never spoken to.
- Help your mom wash dishes post dinner.
- Donate school supplies to children from underprivileged homes.
- Offer to read to or play games with someone living in a nursing or retirement home.
- Treat a friend to dinner.
- Offer your seat on the subway or bus to someone else who looks like they could use it
Share your photos/videos with us at info@iVolunteer.in and get featured on our social media pages. Also use the hashtag #YourDeedToday, #GoodDeedsDay & #iVolunteerIndia
You can register here, click me and volunteer with us.