Education has always been a focal point in anyone’s life and so it is for the people working towards social change. Education is not just limited to language, books, syllabus but it has so many different aspects and so the area of work is equally vast
iVolunteer, a pioneer in volunteering has always tried to come up with exciting volunteering opportunity where volunteers not just enjoy but go back with the satisfaction of doing something meaningful, something which will contribute towards social change at the same time we have to ensure that the activity has an outcome, an impact on the beneficiaries or even towards the society in general.
iVolunteer does a lot of painting and spot cleaning activities, it was through these small activities that we discovered a school transformation project. A project which is not limited to painting 1-2 classrooms or preparing teaching-aids but a combination of multiple activities contributing towards the transformation of the entire school.
This consist of activities such as
- Painting of walls, whitewash and bright paint
- Mural painting with images and messages appropriate for the class and the age group of students
- Constructing a sports room or library, which is generally missing in public schools and if they have a room for these it might not have the right types of equipment
- Setting up a small kitchen garden which will help children learn the basics and importance of spreading greenery
- Making Teaching –Aids which are not just limited to making a couple of posters but we have taken it a step ahead of where volunteers are engaged in making clay models for science projects which could be used by teachers for demo.
In short, all these activities contribute towards a complete transformation of schools.
A couple of years ago when iVolunteer started these transformation project people used to wonder how this transformation will happen but now after transforming 100+ schools across India we know it needs the same old recipe which an expert like iVolunteer 🙂 backed by a team of volunteering experts, a very good plan in place, a supportive school administration and a bunch of enthusiastic volunteers who will create the MAGIC.
School Transformation has been picked up by many other organizations and now they too and doing a great job, meanwhile, we know of Rural Schools who are looking for similar support. Also considering the current scenario with Covid-19 we all need to be extra careful for the next one year and probably this will be the right time to focus on Rural parts of the country or outskirts of big cities such as Mumbai, Bengaluru or Delhi as these are less impacted by the virus at the same time any huge gathering in cities will not be advisable. It’s high time we start focussing on the rural communities and help them grow. We will be more than happy to partner with corporations who are ready to take those extra miles and help us create Magic and Transform Rural Schools.
Interested corporates can write to us at info@iVolunteer.in or priyanka@iVolunteer.in